Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Meet my brother, Chris

 
I’d like you to meet my brother Christopher. He might describe himself as a God-fearing, right wing Republican who blames Obama for everything that annoys him, but I would say there are 2 things I like most about him. 




His heart and his sense of humor. He has a soft heart and a corny sense of humor. He is open to some of life’s lessons. That’s a lot to say for someone. 


Chris and our brother Greg enlisted in the Navy on the same day. The whole family was there, including our father who was a Commander at the time. That's Chris, standing next to Daddy. I'm next to the flag, the girl with the bangs.


So then he was deployed to Vietnam as a Radioman, (and I just learned this), he volunteered for a 2nd tour of duty when his first tour was up.


Here he is many years ago, returning from his first tour of duty, when we were all younger and Daddy and Mother were still alive. Below,  Chris and his girlfriend, Nora Marcheck (who went to St. Andrew's High with Mary & me). They broke up eventually. Look how young everyone is!


Later, when Chris was stationed in Northern Ireland, he met the love of his life, Caroline Ward, from Derry. (That's another story! And I will get to it here, eventually) 


They now have two grown children, Siobhan and Keelin, and one grandchild, named Kristopher.

I’m introducing him to you here because Chris is on dialysis and needs to get a kidney transplant.  I’m hoping you’ll find his life worthy and you’ll help him to ultimately get a kidney. I’m hoping you’ll consider testing for him,  and at the very least – that you’ll pass along this request and this journey to your friends.

There may be someone out there who could be a perfect match. It would change his life significantly.

Keep posted here. Contact me at www.caitlinhicks.com if you have questions, or know someone   who might want to test.

3 comments:

  1. You are the best aunt ever...I definitely appreciate the huge effort you are making to save my dad's life...We would all be lost without his love and wisdom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally some good news! Until I get a kidney, this stuff ( Cocoa flavanols) might help keep me alive. Amazon has been alerted and is firing up its delivery drones as I type. If you know anyone with kidney disease, please pass along asap. For info follow the link below. -Shannon H.

    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01412320

    ReplyDelete